In this policy, “SJL”, “we”, “us” and “our” represents SJL Digital. “User” and “visitor” refers to you.
This policy may be updated at any time so please check this page regularly. This policy is effective from the 10/02/2019.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE DATA WE GATHER
We may collect the following data from a user through our contact forms:
We only collect information that is necessary and don’t keep them on record for longer than we need.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT THE DATA
We collect data upon submitting data in one of our contact forms and when you sign up for our newsletter.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data submitted to us through our website for the following purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website:
- For admin purposes for our website & internal business;
- Personalising our website to you to improve our service;
- To send you with the information of our services that you have requested;
- To communicate with you regarding our services or queries you may have;
- To send you email notifications that you have requested from us;
- To send you our email newsletter, if you have signed up (you can unsubscribe at any time if you no longer want to receive our newsletter);
- To provide third parties with statistical and analytic information about website usage (these third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from the information provided);
- To verify compliance with the terms & conditions governing the use of our website
- To keep our website safe, secure and to prevent fraud or illegal activities
PERSONAL DATA SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your data with:
- Companies that we partner with.
- Law enforcement or fraud prevention agencies if we believe the supplied data may violate a law
- Professional service providers, such as hosting companies, IT providers, professional advisers or subcontractors, only details that are required will be shared.
We may share your data in such circumstances:
In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights and in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Data that we collect may be processed in, stored, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate and do not have data protection laws equivalent to the European Economic Area, Ukraine and India. It is only ever in very rare occasions.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We store your personal data until we have successfully satisfied your contact request.
SJL Digital’s general retention policy is to store data for up to 6 years from the last time you were in contact with us.
SECURE DATA PROTECTION
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we only use the best technical and operational processes in partnership to protect your data. SJL also uses SSL encryption to transmit information from end users to their hosted servers. All our websites are hosting within the UK and are subject to EU and UK data protection laws.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have several rights in relation to your personal data and how we use that data. If you have any queries or concerns regarding your rights, you can email us to email@example.com.
The below is a summary of your rights according to the GDPR
- The right to be informed of any changes
- The right of access the personal data that we hold on record
- The right to rectification if you believe the data we hold is inaccurate.
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object or withdraw your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data at any time. To withdraw your consent, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.